2019 ATHENA Young Professional Award® Nomination Form
Deadline for Submission: September 28, 2018.
The ATHENA Awards is brought to you by the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and its affiliate the Women’s Council.
The ATHENA Young Professional Award® recognizes emerging leaders in the 30 to 45-year old range who demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession. Recipients must also show their commitment to service by contributing time and energy to improving the quality of life of others in the community while serving as a role model for young women both personally and professionally. We encourage you to review all of the below information carefully.
However, please note several important items:
- Please tell the woman or women you wish to nominate that you are doing so. This will ensure you have the most up-to-date information and resume materials, as well as important details about her career and successes that you may not be aware of.
- In the interest of fairness, once a nomination is submitted, you may not change or update any information once the nominations are closed. The only exception to this rule is to update a finalist's job title or company change. Again, this underscores the importance of telling the nominee ahead of time about the nomination in order to ensure all information is accurate and applicable.
- We use the nomination materials to write the introductions for each finalist at the Awards Dinner and, as stated above, we do not accept additional information once the nomination window is closed. In order to develop introductions that are accurate and reflective of the finalist, please make sure you have created a thorough, detailed submission.
You may nominate yourself or others using the following criteria, and you may also submit nominations for multiple nominees in each category. Also, please be as detailed as possible in order to give the selection committee enough information with which to consider the nominee. The more information, the better!
Please note: to apply for the ATHENA Young Professional Award® an individual must be between 30 to 45 years of age at the nomination submission deadline to apply for the ATHENA Young Professional Award®. The nominee is ineligible if she has been nominated in the two consecutive years prior the current, anticipated nomination. For example, if the potential nominee was also nominated in 2016 and 2017, she is not eligible for a 2018 nomination. However, she may be considered for nomination again in 2019. The nominee should have a minimum of five years professional experience. If you are unsure whether a nominee meets these criteria, please contact Michele Hefferon at email@example.com or 585-256-4614.
Nominators, including self-nominators, should address each of the following criteria in detail for their ATHENA Young Professional Award® nominee:
I. PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP
Provide specific examples and detailed descriptions of how the nominee has demonstrated excellence, creativity and initiative in her business or profession as evidenced by:
- Leadership roles, personal accountability, and results
- Impact on revenue or financial condition of the firm/company/agency
- Impact on employee or client satisfaction
- Impact on quality of product or services
- Participation in and impact on strategic positioning of the company/firm/agency
II. COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP:
Provide a list of local, state, national, and international participation in community organizations and include list of service and offices held as evidenced by:
- Leadership or support role to an organization outside of her normal or expected professional responsibilities
- A showing of advancement or improvement of the organization based upon her participation
- A showing of any direct contributions made to programs, policies, or initiatives that positively influence the status of the organization or community issue/initiative
III. PERSONAL LEADERSHIP
Provide specific examples and detailed descriptions of how the nominee has assisted and mentored young women personally and professionally as evidenced by:
- Mentorship or coaching provided by nominee
- Influencing or encouraging the career development or advancement of young women
- Volunteer efforts with organization’s whose mission is or is related to the growth, mentorship, or advancement of young women
Online Submission Only
The more information provided allows the committee to more fully understand the contributions made by the nominee. Therefore, please provide as much information about the nominee as possible. In order to provide such information, we strongly suggest you tell the nominee that you are submitting a nomination. Use these links to view the sample nomination form and frequently asked questions. Please be sure to review the sample nomination before you begin filling out the nomination form as it provides a clear framework for the level of specificity and detail required for each nomination.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Rochester Chamber and The Women's Council ATHENA Awards Nominations Committee pre-screens nominations to ensure all required information is included.
- Finalists are determined based on the award criteria, the level of detail in the nomination form submission, and supporting documentation provided by the nominator.
- Final selection of the ATHENA Young Professional Award® recipient is made by a Selection Committee consisting of a diverse group of leaders from the Greater Rochester Area.
COMPLETING THE ATHENA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL AWARD® NOMINATION FORM
- Please fill out the nomination form available completely and accurately. An option to send supporting documents (i.e., resume, letter of recommendation, awards and accomplishments) is available via email. Attachments should directly support the ATHENA Young Professional Award® criteria.
- For strongest consideration, nominators are encouraged to provide detailed supporting information about the nominee's qualifications when submitting a nomination. Any additional information regarding the nominee that is not included within the nomination submission and supporting documentation will not be considered as part of the selection.
- It is highly recommended that nominators review the nomination form with their nominee prior to submitting.
For further assistance, please call Michele Hefferon, Affiliate Manager at the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce: Michele Hefferon@greaterrochesterchamber.com or 585-256-4614.
Any attachments (limit is 4) you wish to include in your nomination,
please send to send to firstname.lastname@example.org.