2019 ATHENA Organizational Award® Nomination Form
Deadline for Submission: September 28, 2018.
The ATHENA Awards is brought to you by the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and its affiliate the Women’s Council.
The ATHENA Organizational Award® actively supports and celebrates the ATHENA mission of supporting, developing and honoring women leaders, inspiring women to achieve their full potential—creating balance in leadership worldwide. The ATHENA Organizational Award® honors women-owned or woman-led organizations who encourage women to achieve their full leadership potential and provides and/or supports leadership development opportunities for women and/or girls in their community. We encourage you to review all of the below information carefully. However, please note several important items:
- Please tell the woman or women you wish to nominate that you are doing so. This will ensure you have the most up-to-date information and resume materials, as well as important details about her career and successes that you may not be aware of.
- In the interest of fairness, once a nomination is submitted, you may not change or update any information once the nominations are closed. The only exception to this rule is to update a finalist's job title or company change. Again, this underscores the importance of telling the nominee ahead of time of her nomination in order to ensure all information is accurate and applicable.
- We use the nomination materials to write the introductions for each finalist at the Awards Dinner and, as stated above, we do not accept additional information once the nomination window is closed. In order to develop introductions that are accurate and reflective of the finalist, please make sure you have created a thorough, detailed submission.
ATHENA Organizational Award® nominees are business or organizations who meet each of the following criteria:
- Creates an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential
- Gives back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives
- Is a woman-owned or woman-led organization. For clarity, woman-led means a woman is at the highest level of the company/organization
- Has a minimum of 5 paid full-time employees that help with the day to day functions of the organization
ATHENA Organizational Award® nominees may represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector. Previous ATHENA Organizational Award® Recipients are not eligible for nomination, however past nominees may be nominated again.
You may nominate your own organization or others using the following criteria, and you may also submit nominations for multiple nominees in each category. Also, please be as detailed as possible in order to give the selection committee enough information with which to consider the nominee. The more information, the better!
Please note: an organization is ineligible if they have been nominated in the two consecutive years prior the current, anticipated nomination. For example, if the potential organization was also nominated in 2016 and 2017, they are not eligible for a 2018 nomination. However, the organization may be considered for nomination again in 2019. If you are unsure whether an organization meets this criteria, please contact Michele Hefferon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-256-4614.
Nominators, including self-nominators, should address each of the following criteria in detail for the ATHENA Organizational Award® nominee:
I. Creates an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential.
Provide specific examples of how the organization encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential.
II. Gives back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives.
Please provide specific examples of how the organization provides or supports leadership development opportunities and initiatives for women and/or girls in their community.
III. Is a woman-owned or woman-led organization.
For clarity, woman-led means a woman is at the highest level of the company/organization.
IV. has a minimum of 5 paid full-time employees that help with the day-to-day functions of the organization.
Online Submission Only
The more information provided allows the committee to more fully understand the contributions made by the organization that is being nominated. Therefore, please provide as much information about the organization as possible. In order to provide such information, we strongly suggest you tell the organization that you are submitting a nomination and get them involved in the process.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Rochester Chamber and the Women's Council ATHENA Awards Nominations Committee pre-screens nominations to ensure all required information is included.
- Finalists are determined based on the award criteria, the level of detail in the nomination form submission, and supporting documentation provided by the nominator.
- Final selection of the ATHENA Organizational Award® recipient is made by a Selection Committee consisting of a diverse group of leaders from the Greater Rochester Area.
COMPLETING THE ATHENA ORGANIZATIONAL AWARD® NOMINATION FORM
- Please fill out the nomination form available below completely, in detail, and accurately. An option to send supporting documents (i.e., letter of recommendation, awards and accomplishments) is available via email. Attachments should directly support the ATHENA Organizational Award® criteria.
- For strongest consideration, nominators are encouraged to provide detailed supporting information about the organization when submitting a nomination. Any additional information regarding the organization that is not included within the nomination submission and supporting documentation will not be considered as part of the selection.
- It is highly recommended that nominators review the nomination form with the organization that is being nominated prior to submitting.
For further assistance, please contact Michele Hefferon, Affiliate Manager at the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce: email@example.com or 585-256-4614.
Any attachments (limit is 4) you wish to include in your nomination,
please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.